Histoire naturelle de Mre. Francois Bacon ...
This book contains a version of Francis Bacon's Sylva Sylvarum, and an edited translation of New Atlantis (called, in the translation, Nouvel Atlas), both supplemented by prefaces of the translator and a Life of Bacon that is, probably, the first ever to appear in print. Little is known about the translator, Pierre Amboise, apart from what he says about himself in the preface and the dedicatory letter: he seems to have been a member of the French embassy in London, under Charles d'Aubepine, Marquis de Chateauneuf, who was ambassador in 1629 and 1630. The translator claims to have worked upon Bacon's original manuscripts while in London.
- Sylva sylvarum. French
- New Atlantis. French
- L' Atlas nouveau
- Bacon, Francis, 1561-1626
- , 26, , 567,  p. ; 17 cm. (8vo)
- Paris : Antoine de Sommaville [et] André Soubron , 1631
- "L'Atlas nouueau": p. 419-567.
- Signatures: a⁸ A-2O⁸ 2P⁴.
- Gibson, R. Bacon, 184.
- Early works to 1800
- Princeton University Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections. 2007-2768N