The arte of warre
Permanent Link: http://arks.princeton.edu/ark:/88435/wp988m09p
- Arte della guerra. English
- Machiavelli, Niccolò, 1469-1527
- Grantham, Henry, fl. 1571-1587
- Wilmerding, Lucius, 1880-1949
- Harvey, Gabriel, 1550?-1631
- 2 pts. in 1 v. : ill. ; 19 cm. (4to)
- Newly imprinted with other additions.
- London : s.n., 1573 (M.D.LXXIII) 1573
- Pt. 2 has title: Certaine vvayes for the ordering of souldiours in battelray, and setting of battayles, after divers fashions, with their maner of marching: and also fugures of certayne newe plattes for fortification of townes: and more over, howe to make saltpeter, gunpouder, and divers sortes of fireworkes or wilde fyre, with other thinges appertayning to the warres / gathered & set foorth by Peter VVhitehorne. Imprinted at London : By VV. VVilliamson for Ihon [sic] VVight, 1573.
- Translation of: L'arte della guerra.
- Title within ornamental border.
- Illustrations are ranks and files of letters and punctuation marks.
- Translator identified probably as Henry Grantham. cf. NUC pre-1956, v. 351, p. 358 (NM-0055019).
- Ex copy is pt. 1 only.
- Purchase Estate of Lucius Wilmerding, Jr. 2003.
- Ex copy is Gabriel Harvey's copy with his ms. notes.
- English, translation in Italian
- Military art and science‒Early works to 1800
- Military fireworks‒Early works to 1800
- War‒Early works to 1800
- Gunpowder‒Early works to 1800
- Annotations (Provenance)-16th century.
- Princeton University Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections. . U101 .M16 1573