All hail and farewell to the Pacific Railroad [copy 1]
Permanent Link: http://arks.princeton.edu/ark:/88435/t435gd14q
- Nast, Thomas (American, 1840-1902)
- New York : Harper's Weekly, 10 July 1869
- 39 × 28.5 cm (sheet)
- Wood engraving
- Lower left, in block: Th: Nast
- Princeton University. Library. Graphic Arts Collection. GA 2008.01311.
- Magazine illustration‒United States‒19th century
- Railroads in art
- Pacific Railroad Company‒History‒19th century‒In art
- Phillips, Wendell, 1811-1884‒Portraits
- History in art
- United States‒History‒19th century‒In art
- Caricatures and cartoons
- Indians in art
- Indians of North America‒History‒19th century‒In art
- Political cartoons
- West (U.S.)‒History‒19th century‒In art
- GC002 Thomas Nast Collection
- Keller, Morton. The Art and Politics of Thomas Nast. New York: Oxford University Press, 1968, p. 109, pl. 71.
- Paine, Albert Bigelow. Th. Nast, His Period and His Pictures. New York: The Macmillan Company ; London: Macmillan & Co., Ltd., 1904, p. 136.