All day I have toiled, but not in pain : five quatrains : manuscript, 1837-1839
Two autograph manuscript poems. Includes "All day I have toiled, but not in pain" (AMs, , five quatrains) and "Mild the mist upon the hill" (AMs, 1839, 4 quatrains).
- Brontë, Emily, 1818-1848
- Taylor, Robert H.
- 1 v. (2 leaves in slipcase) ; 35-45 mm.
- Mild the mist upon the hill.
- "Bound by St. James Macdonald Co., New York City"--Stamp, inside cover of slipcase.
- Forms part of the Robert Taylor Collection (RTC01).
- Poems are written in a microscopic hand.
- Johnson, E.D.H. "Romantic, Victorian, and Edwardian." Princeton University Library chronicle, v. 38, no. 2 and 3 (winter-spring 1977), p. 198-224.
- Manuscripts, English-19th century.
- Unbound sheets (Binding)-19th century.
- Princeton University Library. Department of Rare Books and Special Collections. RTC01 (no. 198)
- Robert H. Taylor collection of English and American literature
- Treasures of the Manuscripts Division