Ars minor [fragment]
Although printed with the same type as the Scheide fragment Goff D-325a, this fragment clearly belongs to a different edition, for the closing text on fo. 2v of the former fragment does not match up with the beginning text on fo. 3r of the present fragment. In the present fragment, some early bookbinder cut away the first three lines of text.
- Donatus, Aelius
- 1 incomplete bifolium; 15.4 × 20.6 cm
- [Netherlands : Prototypography (Type 5: Saliceto Type), ca. 1470-1475?]
- 1 incomplete bifolium (fos. 2.7, Schwenke 6:1-9:6; 10:2-12:5; 22:1-23:21; 24:2-36) of a 27-line edition in 14 leaves, printed with the Prototypography Saliceto type. Printed on vellum. Rubricated.
- Purchased by John H. Scheide at Sotheby’s, 25 July 1938, lot 166.
- GW 8749/10.
- Goff D-322a.
- ILC 766.
- Invention and Early Spread of European Printing, no. 33.
- Princeton University. Scheide Library.. 4.2.4